*THIS COURSE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY LIVE-FIRE OR HANDLING OF A LIVE FIREARM.
USCCA Certified Course contains comprehensive curriculum that focuses on the use of a handgun as a tool for self defense in public as well as in your dwelling. This course is perfect for the new shooter or those applying for a pistol license. Even long time gun owners have learned a thing or two in this course.
5 hour class:
- Developing a Personal and Home Protection Plan – Statics and Trends, Defining a Personal Protection Plan, Conflict Avoidance, Situational Awareness, Color Codes of Awareness, Areas to Avoid, Cover, Concealment, and an Exit Strategy, How a Permit to Carry Fits
- Self Defense Firearms Basics – Safety, Understanding Semi-Automatics, Understanding Revolvers, Understanding Modern Striker-Fired Handguns, Gun and Ammo Malfunctions and how to deal with them, Selecting a Handgun, Ammo
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals – Defensive shooting versus Marksmanship, Grip, Shooting Platform, Aligning the Muzzle to Target, Point Shooting, Unsighted/Sighted Fire, Flash Sight Picture, Trigger Control
- The Legal Use of Force – Defining Force, Legal Use of Force, Deadly Force, Where Reasonable Force ends and Deadly Force Begins, Force Scenarios, What Prosecutors Want to Know, Defending Home and Property
- Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath – Fight or Flight, Adrenaline and Endorphines, Recognizing Threats, Issuing Commands, When Left with No Other Choice, When Right to Use Deadly Force Ends, Immediate Aftermath, Phone Calls to Make, When Police Arrive, Statements to Police, During and After your Arrest
- Gear and Gadgets – Holster Types and Holster Retention, Belts, Flashlights, Weapon Mounted Lights, Lasers, Firearms Storage
- Basic and Advanced Skills – Creating a Training Program, Dry Firing, Drills, What’s Next?
- Government issued photo ID
- Pen and paper for taking notes
- Snacks and drinks
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Students who cancel or reschedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund. Cancelling or rescheduling less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees (50% will be returned in the form of store credit). Fingerlakes Firearms reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.
At Your Location
For your convenience, we offer the above courses at your location for only $10 more per student. We do require a guaranteed minimum of eight students for a private course. Contact us to book a course at your location.
DISCLAIMER: FINGERLAKES FIREARMS HAS A STRICT SAFETY POLICY. VIOLATING THIS POLICY IN ANY WAY WILL RESULT IN 2 WARNINGS THEN THE STUDENT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE CLASS. A REFUND WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO ANY STUDENT THAT IS ASKED TO LEAVE THE CLASS.
Course Sign Up